Who’s in charge of Pitt County Schools?
The Pitt County Board of Education, who shape policy, set the budget and hire the system’s superintendent (who is in charge of day-to-day operations). Current Board members are:
- Caroline W. Doherty, Chair, District 7
- Mary Blount Williams, Vice-Chair, District 3
- Robert Moore, District 1
- Mildred A. Council, District 2
- Betsy Flanagan, District 4
- Anna Barrett Smith, District 5
- Worth Forbes, District 6
- Melinda Fagundus, District 8
Who is PCS’ superintendent?
Dr. Ethan Lenker has served as PCS’ Superintendent since 2013. He began his career in education as a high school math and physics teacher, and was recently named 2017 Regional Superintendent of the Year. His oldest child graduated from Pitt County Schools in 2016, and is a college freshman.
How many schools are in the PCS system?
- 7 High schools
- 7 Middle schools (includes 6 K-8 schools)
- 6 K-8 schools
- 15 Elementary schools
- 1 Pre-school Center
- 1 Pitt Academy
How many students?
How many teachers and staff?
About3300 (approximately 1800 teachers)
How many days are in a school year?
For more info on Pitt County Schools, visit Pitt County Schools and download the PCS App from the AppStore!