It seems like just days ago we were writing you with tips for the summer and saying good bye to a successful school year! Now here we are, an eyeblink later, informing you of all of the upcoming events for the new school year. There is a lot to remember in the coming week, and we hope our newsletter can help you keep it all organized. (You can also take a look at the “upcoming events” section of our website, where these dates are listed.)
- TONIGHT (August 21) be sure to order a sub from Jersey Mike’s Subson Fire Tower Road to support PPS-PC!
- August 23rd–Open House for all Pitt County Schools. This is a great time to get to know new teachers, join the PTA, and really immerse yourself in your child’s school.
The schedule for open houses is as follows:
- K-5 Schools 4pm-6:30pm,
- K-8 Schools: 5pm-7:30pm,
- 6-8 Schools: 5pm-7:30pm, and
- 9-12 Schools 6pm-8:30pm.,
- August 24th– the Education Network Lunch, organized by the Chamber of Commerce as an opportunity for businesses and schools to connect many of our teachers will be honored at the annual. If you would like to attend the luncheon, you can purchase a ticket here.
- August 26th -You can also plan to eat a meal at Texas Road House–if you tell your wait staff that you are there to support PPS-PC we will receive a percentage of your bill.
- August 27th -The day we’ve all been waiting for, either with anticipation, trepidation, or a little bit of both: the first day of school for students in grades 1-12.
- August 27th – rising Kindergarten students with last names beginning with A-L begin school.
- August 28 – rising Kindergarten students with last names M-Z begin school.
- August 29th – all Kindergarteners attend school. We hope everyone has a successful start to the school year.
Remember that there are many ways for parents to engage with their child’s education, not only at school but at home as well. Your support, in whatever form fits your family best, will be a positive factor in your child’s success this year! Don’t hesitate to call on PPS if we can help: https://ppspittcounty.org/connect/